With over a decade of professional experience as a psychologist and 25 years of experience as a healer, Dr. Gretchen has developed a unique, integrative approach to health and healing that incorporates both the mind and body. Her background in massage therapy, Eastern medicine, and other alternative healing approaches is integrated with an up-to-date knowledge of Western medicine trends and practices. She frequently works with an inter-disciplinary team of healers.
- Dr. Gretchen helps clients discover and develop the internal resources to deal with life’s greatest challenges, including:
- Chronic Illness – diagnosis, disease management, and caregiver concerns
- Grief and Loss – going from shock to “a new normal,” particularly in cases of sudden or unexpected loss, such as suicide, miscarriage, homicide, or accident
- Developing healthy and productive relationships, personally and professionally
- Depression and Anxiety
- Substance Abuse and Addictive Behaviors, including prescription drugs/painkillers, shopping addiction, and food addiction
While Dr. Gretchen’s practice is based in West Los Angeles, she serves clients throughout Southern California, many of whom come for periodic or extended consultations about unique health conditions, including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Additionally, Dr. Gretchen provides health coaching via Skype and phone for out-of-state clients and international clients.
- CMHIMP Certified mental health integrative medicine provider
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Ryokan College, Los Angeles, CA
- M.A., Clinical Psychology, Ryokan College, Los Angeles, CA
- B.A., Studio Art, Scripps College, Claremont, CA
- Phi Beta Kappa
Los Angeles County Psychological Association (LACPA)
Member, Board of Directors, 2019 - Present
Communications Chair, 2019 - Present
Editor, The Los Angeles Psychologist, 2019 - Present
- Executive Committee, Member/Treasurer-Elect (2013)
- Executive Committee, Member/Treasurer (2014)
- Board of Directors, Member (2011 – 2014)
- Health Psychology Committee, Chair (2011 – 2012)
- The Los Angeles Psychologist, Co-Editor (2012 – 2018)
American Psychological Association, Member
California Psychological Association, Member
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT), Member
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists – Los Angeles (CAMFT-LA), Member
Group Psychotherapy Association of Los Angeles (GPALA) – Los Angeles, CA
Board of Directors, Member (2010)
Communications Committee, Co-Chair (2010)
Listserv Moderator (2008 – 2010)
Access the media portfolio for video and radio interviews with Dr. Gretchen.
Learn more about Dr. Gretchen’s education, training and experience.