Dr. Gretchen offers psychotherapy, coaching and consulting, and speaking services addressing a variety of issues related to health and wellness, work/life balance, grief and loss, and chronic illness.
In my health psychology practice, I will help you reduce stress, adjust to illness, develop better coping methods, and implement lifestyle modifications that will reduce the impacts of your illness.
Grief & Loss
Grief comes in many forms: death, loss of a job or health, or the end of a relationship. If you’re feel overwhelmed by sadness, grief counseling can help you make peace with your loss and move beyond the grief.
Coaching may be precisely what you need to help you focus, develop, and take specific, goal-oriented actions that will help you achieve your goals and dreams, and improve your health.
I am available as a featured speaker, panelist, or moderator in the areas of chronic illness, bereavement, and women’s health.
Testimonials / About Dr. Gretchen
- Dr. Gretchen is one of the most amazing women I have had the pleasure to get to know. She is someone who takes confidentiality to the highest level, providing a safe environment, allowing what is important to be important. She has such a talent for bringing confidence and knowledge to my life, allowing me, to feel more sane and "normal." She is the hidden gem you have been looking for: loving, kind, thoughtful and fully available to your needs and attention. She is a true, true professional in every way and I would, without hesitation, not only recommend her but have recommended her to friends and family because I feel she would take excellent time and care with them.
- This was the best Brown Bag presentation I have ever attended. Dr. Kubacky was fantastic! Very informative, very interesting, very stimulating - thank you for this presentation.
- I met Gretchen at a professional conference last year and she has since joined our inCYST network of providers for polycystic ovary syndrome. She loves what she does, and it shines through, from her thorough knowledge of her specialty to her enthusiasm for sharing her knowledge and experience with others. I recently received an email from a customer who shared that she'd started her own career path and wanted it to follow the education, counseling, and outreach trail that Gretchen has blazed. That inspiration says it all.
- Gretchen is a talented therapist with great clinical acumen, dedicated to her patients, and passionate about providing integrated, excellent clinical care.
- Gretchen is a gifted health psychologist who specializes in working with those struggling with chronic health issues, as well as women with PCOS. Her sensitivity, professionalism, and compassion combine to make her an effective and empathetic resource for both clients and other professionals. I highly recommend Gretchen.
- In 2008, I began a grief support group at my church and needed a professional to assist me. Gretchen was recommended to me by Airport Marina Counseling in Westchester. She was co-facilitator with me for two eight-week sessions. I was impressed with her knowledge on the grieving process, her empathy, kindness and patience.